Friday, May 1, 2009

uTubing for Marymount

uTubing for Marymount

I've been working with uTube for some time. At a previous organization we actually had a uTube channel where we uploaded our own content as well as volunteer-generated video from events and walks. It was a very sucessful way to engage our volunteers to tell their stories in their own words.

I searched for Marymount College on uTube and viewed the virtual tours. I thought students from Dr. Brophy's film class were uploading their "day in the life" projects to uTube but was unable to find them. The two things I noticed were that we didn't have much content on there and that other marymount schools came up even when specifically searching for MCPV. The more information we put up on uTube or other sites will only add to our online presence and distinguish ourselves from the other Marymounts. We can not only have content focused on admissions like the virtual tours and testimonials but class lectures for current students and event cultural arts series lectures for community members who were not able ot attend. The only limit is how much time we have to post things!

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree. Marymount has such a great variety of programs that could be shared in an online environment, which would enhance our presence. The more content rich a college becomes, in a wide variety of formats, the more it's name gets out in the public sphere.

    ReplyDelete